Whatever your particular wine requirements, you can be confident that Vinek's classically modern wine selection has the right wines for you.
We supply wines to
• Michelin starred and other highly rated restaurants
• Prestigious and quality hotels
• Product promotion events
• Bespoke wine tasting and food pairings sessions
• Private dinners, weddings, birthdays and other celebratory occasions
• Private customers, for current drinking, ageing and investment
From the brief snapshot of the Vinek wine portfolio below, you can see for
yourself that we offer wine which is a little different and stands out in
today's UK market.
• Morellino di Scansano, made from 100% Sangiovese produced in an environmentally friendly vineyard just south of Grosseto: a medium bodied, elegant red wine with juicy red fruit, spice and herbal elements.
• single vineyard Montecucco Sangiovese from a family connected since the 12th century with the same land near Siena: an intense and complex red with silky tannins and flavours of red fruits, dried cherry, sweet spices and cedar.
• Inssieme, a finely structured Supertuscan-style red, full of fruits, coffee and spices, that is turning heads internationally after coming second in a tasting line up including such illustrious names as Sassicaia, Solaia, Tignanello and Ornellaia - but at a more affordable price;
• a Brunello di Montalcino (La Togata) that appears on the wine list of
both the Quirinale (Rome's Presidential palace) and the Vatican:
classically elegant, with notes of tobacco, smoke and mushroom overlying a
Piedmont reds :
• Dogliani, made from high altitude, organic Dolcetto grapes: an intense, rich and robust red, with a violet, lavender and black pepper finish. We also stock a Barbera Langhe and a Barolo from the same producer (Ribote), made to the same high standards and also grown in high altitude organic vineyards.
Ghemme, made from Spanna (better known as Nebbiolo) grapes grown in
volcanic soil at the foot of the Monte Rosa massif; full of ripe dark
fruits, spices, tobacco and liquorice, this is a big, modern wine.
Tuscan whites :
• Vernaccia di San Gimignano, both young and Riserva styles; the young one is fresh, fruity and classically light, with hints of apple, lemon, apricot and acacia flowers, while the Riserva has more depth of flavour and intensity.
• Vermentino from the same producer as the Vernaccias, which has
been making wine in the region since 1826: a fresh, zesty, floral wine with
a mineral finish, that pairs fantastically well with seafood and other
light or creamy dishes.
Piedmont whites :
• Erbaluce di Caluso from a family winery with centuries of tradition, currently converting to organic viticultural practices. This wine shows the classic beeswax, honey and hawthorn bouquet, with notes of ripe peach and melon and a fresh, rounded palate.
• Nascetta Langhe, made from Nascetta, an indigenous variety from the country around Novello (next door to Barolo) in the Langhe subregion: a wine of tropical character, with a nutty jasmine perfume and a savoury palate.
• Colli Tortonesi, made from Timorasso, another local variety you may never have heard of, producing fine, full bodied white wines that age well; this example has a vibrant floral/apple nose and savoury, nutty palate.
• Arneis Langhe, a crisp, floral wine from the Arneis variety: a dry and full bodied wine with pear and apricot notes on both nose and palate.